Thursday, May 20, 2010

Back from the dead!

Well.. almost! The annual fever fest is currently on in the Jain household, yours truly taking the lead this time though every one in the family would eventually get to savour his/her fair share of illness as we take turns. Last time, we even dragged the poor maid in it. Just to put things in perspective, last time it was pani puri at Calcutta chat house that did the trick while this time it was the ordered-in chicken from the adjacent TFC('exactly next to Calcutta chat house') that bought the virus in. Not that it will deter us from eating again at either of the places, the husband is a sworn TFC lover and their fried chicken will continue to make its way to our plates. We are incorrigible, plain and simple! And my old man has a strange strong logic, for every illness that we get from eating out, he lists me 100 other instances when we got sick after eating at home. And so we continue eating out, twice a week, and keep falling sick, twice an year, each time before our CMH membership expires. So much for the trade off.

Anyways, I am almost through with it, just one more day of medication left. The husband is somewhere in the middle, but in a much better state than me. As soon as he displayed the symptoms, I administered him exactly same medication as mine and saved him the trouble of roasting through 103 degrees before being diagnosed and prescribed. In fact, I had insisted that we buy some extra medicines when the doctor had precribed only a week's dosage. I could see it coming and you can't ignore a girl's intuition. The sad part is that the little one has also joined in, she woke up with a temperature today. It is going to be a long long week...

10 comments:

Mama - Mia said...

awww! get well soon you guys!!

on an unrelated note,i am liking another carnivorous Jain parivaar!! ;)

Violet said...

OMG! I carelessly mentioned Jains and chicken in the same post :):) Blasphemy!

Anant said...

All I have had is sore throat. Not fever like you and Pari.

Anant said...

And that was because you drank thums-up from my glass.

Violet said...

1.Sorry, my bad. I did not realise that people with sore throats take Combiflam & Dolo thrice a day for 3 days and still complain of body ache and shivering.
2.You offered me the drink.

Mama - Mia said...

oh! we get the looks of disbelief all the time. plus its just our surname. the entire family is a carnivore! duh!

Violet said...

Abha- don't even get me started on it. It is actually the husband's surname, and I have had more non-veg in these 4 yrs of marriage than in the 25 before. Lets have a Jain reunion at Barbeque Nation :D

Mama - Mia said...

same here dude!! :) its the husbands surname!!

barbeque nation sounds good! before my child becomes paying member, lets do it! :p

Rohini said...

Oh gosh. Recently been there and done that. Hope you all get well soon

Violet said...

Abha - You can currently feed 3 people by paying for one :D It is possibly the best time to travel, eat and have fun.. while the children are too young to be charged.
I shall be on a vacation this month.. lets surely catch up in July, we can have Cubby's 3rd & my 30th birthday together!

Rohini - Hi! I read about it on your blog, you had a really tough time. I didn't have Tarana, but was preparing for an exam. So my state was sure comparable.