Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Recession Updates!

Got this in the mail today, and found it amusing.. So, sharing it with all.. Whoever thought of it, please do not sue me, I am only bringing appreciation to your work :)

1. Ali Baba and the forty thieves are now Ali Baba and the thirty thieves. Ten were laid off..

2. Batman and Robin are now Batman and Pedro. Batman fired Robin and hired Pedro because Pedro was willing to work twice the hours at the same rate.

3. Iron man now "air-pooling" with Superman to save fuel costs.

4. Women finally marrying for love, and not money

5. Q: With the current market turmoil, what's the easiest way to make a small fortune?
A: Start off with a large one.

6. The credit crunch is getting bad isn't it? I mean, I let my brother borrow $10 a couple of weeks back, it turns out I'm now America’s third biggest lender.

7. Q: Why have Dubai real estate agents stopped looking out of the window in the morning?
A: Because otherwise they'd have nothing to do in the afternoon.

8. Q: What's the difference between an American and a Zimbabwean?
A: In a few weeks, nothing.

9. Dow Jones is re-branded as "Down Jones".

10. Quote from a Wall Street banker: This is worse than divorce. I’ve lost half of my assets and I still have my wife…!!!!..

ps : On an unrelated note, I have enabled Adsense on the blog, which effectively means that I would be paid some amount if enough people click on the advertisements displayed on the right side and bottom of the post. Since I have a very selective readership, in order to make up for the numbers, request each of you to be kind enough to click at least 50 times on each of the ad's. Every penny counts in these times of recession..

pps : First thing in the morning, I wished the husband a very happy 'Husbands' Day'. Also, promised to cook a grand meal to celebrate 'his special day'. Poor thing, he is spending the day dreaming of the dinner at night. For people still wondering why, A Happy Fools' Day to you :)

3 comments:

Smitha said...

LOL ! That was fun :)

So did you husband have a 'Happy Husband's day ' :)

Violet said...

I had a 'Happy Husbands' Day', he took me out for dinner.. which is where I wished him the "Fools' Day" too :)
and yes, thanks for dropping by :)

Anonymous said...

He he he. Good one :-)
And thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. Made my day!
Cheers...Pal