Friday, August 17, 2007

It is so amazing..

The most amazing things happen to me.. Probably I get fascinated by routine stuff and term it as amazing but I like to believe that I am overly intuitive. And time and again things happen to reinforce my belief. One particularly useful intuition I had was about my engagement. I always felt I would lose my engagement ring during the ceremony itself. And when it finally happened, I kept a strict eye on my ring from the moment I got it. I did lose it, but discovered my loss almost immediately. A frantic search later, we finally got it back. Needless to say, it is a prized possession, the only piece of jewellery that I wear religiously.

Today, a friend called me up, somebody I hadn't talked to since I left college. He was more of a batchmate, never really close but one of those exceptional people who make you like them immensely for no reason at all. You just cannot help liking them. And it was only yesterday that I did some googling on him, I thought of him just like that and went on to search him on orkut. And today he calls me up from out of the blue!! I was truly happy to hear from him, and the prospect of meeting him and probably a couple of more batchmates excites me to no extent. While in college I never thought much of these people but now they are all etched in memory and any mention of them takes me back to my old days.. Here.. I get more ideas to blog.. looks like tonight my family would have to go without dinner :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Things like these shock you you, the subconscious mind is really powerful. There would be many such small incidents in everyone's day to day life, but people sometimes fail to notice that.

Violet said...

First things first, thanks for visiting my blog.. though I really wonder what led u into it. The reason why I didn't reply to this comment was not that I disagreed or something, but I somehow felt it was posted by somebody in the family to pester me :) Now that I have cross checked with all of 'em,I feel obliged to reply. Even I strongly believe in the power of the subconcious mind. And I religiously trust my instinct.

Ashutosh said...

I would suggest pickup "Blink" by Malcolm Gladwell and you will be simply awed by the power of subconscious.

Ashutosh said...

I would suggest pickup "Blink" by Malcolm Gladwell and you will be simply awed by the power of subconscious.